“Freaky tranny porn”
Cis people being “freaks” for being attracted to trans people.
Wanna remind us again what a ~fabulous ally~ this man is, Buck?
His response is just to dismiss criticism as “ridiculous” and he justifies using slurs like that because he was “just mirroring the language the audience member [who had asked the question he was responding to when he said this stuff] was using”. Even a very young child could tell you that “two wrongs don’t make a right”, Dan. You’re the one on stage, you take that language and you address it as problematic, then you use correct terminology to respond with so the person asking can see better language modeled for them. It’s not that hard, really. (Although you’d also have to back off of talking about trans people as “freaky” because the right language doesn’t really do much when you’re describing how it’s “freaky” for cis people to like porn with trans people or be sexually attracted to them.)
And as a commenter at the link said, if a conservative used t****y like that, the entire GSM community - gays included - would be up in arms, mounting petitions and writing furious letters. But because Dan fucking Savage said it, oh no, it’s fine, he’s just being *edgy* or whatever the hell. I’m deeply ashamed that I *ever* liked his column.
(If you click through, beware of some apologia in comments.)
20 Notes/ Hide
- thingsstingshouldsing likes this
- veganeurotica reblogged this from scooterpiebanana and added:
- thatqueerchick likes this
- bialogue-group likes this
- emir-dynamite reblogged this from catacabra and added:
- squeeblr reblogged this from nadrawj and added:
- samuelasaverb reblogged this from indigoferarchived
- basedmcgoats reblogged this from indigoferarchived and added:
- indigoferarchived reblogged this from jadelyn and added:
- jadelyn reblogged this from indigoferarchived and added:
- emir-dynamite likes this
- catacabra reblogged this from indigoferarchived
- willowenigma reblogged this from circuspunk and added:
- sherlockig likes this
- circuspunk posted this